Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer controlled machines.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- April 20, 2015Last week, we visited Toronto for the first time because I was invited by FITC to give a lecture at…
- April 02, 2015We’ve designed a set of 4 material samples to demonstrate our Kinematics textiles. The 3D-pri…
- March 25, 2015We recently welcomed a Form 1+ 3D-printer to our office. Even though we have 5 (?!?) FDM printers in…
- March 04, 2015In our previous co-creator features, we’ve looked at 3D-printed designs from our Cell Cycle and Ki…
- exhibit2014-11-03 to 2015-10-31at Museum for Communication, The Haguehyphae lamps & kinematics necklaces on display
- exhibit2015-02-14 to 2016-01-01at Museum of Modern Art, New York, NYKinematics Dress on display
- lecture2015-04-24 to 2015-04-25at MIT Media Lab, Boston, MA
- exhibition2015-04-24 to 2015-06-07at Bozar Centre for Fine Artskinematics dress on display