Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer controlled machines.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- December 09, 2014We have created the first dress with Kinematics, our 4D printing system for generating complex, fold…
- December 08, 2014The holidays are approaching fast! To ensure that your jewelry arrives by 12/25, please make sure yo…
- November 19, 2014We’ve added something new to our lineup of customizable products: jigsaw puzzles! You can now…
- November 14, 2014This summer we created an exhibition called “Growing Objects” which explored our wor…
- exhibit2014-11-03 to 2015-10-31at Museum for Communication, The Haguehyphae lamps & kinematics necklaces on display
- exhibit2014-11-15 to 2015-03-08at The Shelburne Museum
- exhibit2014-12-12 to 2015-04-15at Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museumcustom kinematics necklaces and video on display
- tradeshow2015-01-06 to 2015-01-09at Las Vegas, NevadaKinematics Dress and app on display at Autodesk booth