Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer controlled machines.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- May 18, 2015One of our favorite books from last year is Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. The book is written fro…
- May 16, 2015Last weekend we ventured to the Arnold Arboretum to view the blooming lilacs. Although the flowers w…
- April 28, 2015This weekend hundreds of artist studios in Somerville open up for one of the countries largest art t…
- April 20, 2015Last week, we visited Toronto for the first time because I was invited by FITC to give a lecture at…
- exhibit2014-11-03 to 2015-10-31at Museum for Communication, The Haguehyphae lamps & kinematics necklaces on display
- exhibit2015-02-14 to 2016-01-01at Museum of Modern Art, New York, NYKinematics Dress on display
- exhibition2015-04-24 to 2015-06-07at Bozar Centre for Fine Artskinematics dress on display
- lecture2015-06-01 to 2015-06-04at Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, MN